This Saturday, from 2 pm-5 pm, there will be a Wheels and Weights clinic to help anyone who needs a little help putting on their wheels, adding weights, and checking the weight on the scale. Make sure your cars are fully painted and don’t forget to bring the weights with you!
Happy New Year Scouts!
Our upcoming Events Calendar:
Jan 9 7 pm Pack Meeting
Jan 13 2-5 pm Wheels and Weights Clinic (bring your own weights)
Jan 19 6:30-8 pm Pinewood Derby Registration Night
Jan 20 10 am RACE DAY!!
Jan 23 6:30 pm Den Meetings
Come this Saturday, December 2 (1:30-5:30) for a Pinewood Derby Car Cutting Clinic. Please sign up and come to this clinic if you need help getting started with your race cars!
We Need LOTS of Scouts! Siblings too! We will be sorting out the food after collection.
Saturday morning (NOV 11) we will meet at 8:45 a.m. at GBE to begin collected donated goods from our neighbors in Greenbriar.
WE NEED BOXES! Specific size: paper ream/ banker boxes
I have updated the website with an overall route map that includes all the dens. Now you can simply open your phone to check your routes!!
- Safety First!
- Parents should be taking the donations from the scouts and putting them into the cars.
- Kids should not be leaving the sidewalks to go into the streets or crossover without supervision.
- Stay with kids when they need to wait for a neighbor to go inside and gather collections.
- Do NOT let them go inside of people’s homes. If they have an emergency, please have an adult from our group supervise them.
- We need 1 Driver for each Den/ Group to drive the routes and act as a mobile collection point. Please see me at arrival if you would like to volunteer.
- Please knock on doors! We have seen a dramatic increase in donations when we started knocking. Many people just simply forget.
We will have Hot Chocolate, Coffee and snacks for everyone when they return from their routes!
SIGN UP HERE for Pinewood Derby Car Cutting Clinics
I will be holding a Wheels and Weights Clinic this Saturday from 3-6 p.m. You may stay as long as you like for help, but it should take about 30 minutes each. Please remember to bring some weight with you, i have run out of my stash over the years. I will have a scale to check your weight before you go, but the official weigh-in will occur at GBE next weekend.
Here as a link for a sign-up to help everyone space out the time slots. Thanks!
What you will need:
- a completed (painted) car
- 4 nails (we polished them)
- 4 BSA approved wheels
- bring your own weights (store bought, coins, washers, fishing weights, whatever)
If you missed the Car Cutting Clinics in November or just have some questions, I will be available today after 2:30. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Forgot to sign up for a time? Don’t worry, there are spaces available this Sunday and next weekend. To sign up, follow this link. The location address is on the sign up sheet.
I will have a Pinewood Derby Clinic this Sunday 1-6. The main focus will be to help get painted cars ready by adding the wheels and weights. You will need to bring your own weights to the clinic. Purchased weights, washers, fishing weights, etc. will all work fine. I will have an unofficial scale to check the weight.
If your son/ kids have NOT started a car, I have kits and can help you with that as well. The race will becoming up quickly, so please take advantage this weekend if you need it!
Please respond to this thread with a quick email if you are coming by. If Sunday will absolutely not work for you, let me know and we will work something out. I want to make sure every kid gets a chance to participate.
Sorry for the late notice, work got pretty crazy this week. I will have a clinic this Sunday, Jan. 10 from 1-6 at my house. 13002 Mill Ct
Alright you renegade, if you are doing the Pack 1863 Pinewood Derby and your son wants to build his car at home, here are some IMPORTANT things to remember. Follow the rules carefully to make sure your car qualifies at Registration Night. If you have any questions…ask the Cubmaster. email@example.com