Pinewood Derby has been rescheduled for February 6-7th.

We had a very tough call to make this time.  Given the uncertainty of the weather, we have decided to cancel the Registration and Race scheduled for tonight and tomorrow morning.  FCPS has not made a decision regarding the schools being closed this weekend.  We talked with GBE staff several times today to get as much information as possible.  The track setup is very intensive.  Closing the schools would mean we would have to organize with GBE to come back in and break everything down over the weekend in time for school Monday.  We also had to consider the large amount of perishable food that would be wasted due to a late cancellation.

Our New Date for Pinewood Derby is Feb 7th.  Registration will occur during our Blue and Gold Dinner on Feb 6.
Our apologies for the inconvenience.  We know that families look forward to this event.  We will reboot everything in two weeks and run everything as usual. (hopefully)
Have a fun and safe weekend.
If any of our Volunteers have a scheduling conflict with the new dates, please let us know.
Advertisements

Posted on January 23, 2015, in Events and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s